BREEAM (Building Research Establishment’s Environmental Assessment Method) is the world’s leading sustainability assessment method for master planning projects, infrastructure and buildings. It recognises and reflects the value in higher performing assets across the built environment lifecycle, from new construction to in-use and refurbishment.
A BREEAM assessment uses measures of performance. These measures of performance are set against well-established benchmarks, to evaluate environmental specification, design, and construction and use.
The measures used cover a broad range of criteria (management, health and wellbeing, energy, transport, water, materials, waste, land use and ecology, and pollution).
We carry out BREEAM assessments for:
- BREEAM communities
- BREEAM infrastructure
- BREEAM New Construction
- BREEAM Refurbishment and Fit Out
- BREEAM In-use
We can assist you regardless of the stage of your project:
- BREEAM Pre-assessment
- BREEAM Design stage assessment
- BREEAM Post construction assessment
BREEAM assessment is a third party certification of an asset’s environmental, social and economic sustainability performance, using standards developed by BRE.
This means BREEAM assessments create opportunities for developments to have more sustainable environments that enhance the well-being of the people who live and work in them, help protect natural resources and make for more attractive property investments.
The BREEAM assessments aims are:
- Encourage: Continuous performance improvement and innovation by setting and assessing against a broad range of scientifically rigorous requirements that go beyond current regulations and practice.
- Empower: Those who own commission, deliver, manage or use buildings, infrastructure or communities to achieve their sustainability aspirations.
- Build Confidence and Value: Provides independent certification that demonstrates the wider benefits to individuals, business, society and the environment.
BREEAM assessments help clients manage and mitigate risk through demonstrating sustainability performance during planning, design, construction, operation or refurbishment, helping to lower running costs, maximise returns through market value and attract and retain tenants and employees with desirable places to live and work.
For further information contact us on +44 7778 569 887
Download a copy of our Breeam service sheet here.